How do I use the Type 1 Mask Kit?
Please treat your mask filter with care! When washing it, do not crunch it up. Rather simply pour hot water (60 degrees) over it and hang it to drip dry
You may receive three reusable face mask kits – enough to wash and disinfect the used ones every day. The kit consists of:
- A polyester two-layer face mask, AND
- An inner layer made of a high quality ‘nanofiber insert’ that meets the health specifications of a Type 1 mask.
The cloth mask can be used many times. The nanofiber insert must be replaced after ten days’ use. COVID-19 is carried in droplets. Like any Type 1 or Type II mask, this face mask kit will prevent any droplets containing the virus from getting through, but it is not as effective as an N95 respirator mask.
When should I use this mask?
- Use this mask whenever you need to wear a Type 1 mask (see your PPE checklist).
- If you need to use a Type II mask but don’t have one, this mask will give you almost the same level of protection.
- It is also suitable for use by patients who have COVID-19 – but we suggest you keep them for your own use and give your patients a clean Type 1 medical mask each visit.
How do I disinfect and clean the mask?
At the end of each day:
- Take the inner layer out.
- Disinfect the cloth mask and the inner layer by pouring boiling water over them. You can then wash the mask by hand or in the washing machine, but not the filter.
- Wash your hands well afterwards.
Disinfect – and then clean!
- DISINFECT kills germs. CLEAN makes it smell fresh.
- Always apply and remove your mask as instructed.