Cost of recipe approx. R 75.00
- 450g Pasta (shape of your choice)
- 2x cans chopped tomatoes
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 onion, cut in half
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, or more to taste
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil or
- 2x 170g cans tuna in oil, drained
- Zest of 1 lemon
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Cook pasta according to package instructions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, place tomatoes, garlic, onion, red pepper flakes and salt into a large pan over high heat. Bring to a boil and then simmer for 25 minutes, until the tomato sauce comes together. Remove garlic and onion and discard.
- Add pasta, tuna and lemon zest to the sauce. Toss until combined and serve.
Recipe adapted from www.delallo.com