Makes about 18 small cookies.
Cost of recipe approx. R19.00
- 1 ripe banana
- 5 tbsp peanut butter
- 2 tbsp honey or golden syrup
- 2 cups rolled oats
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp cake flour
- 2 tbsp seeds of your choice (sesame, sunflower, flax, chia etc.)
- 3 tbsp of raisins or dried cranberries
- Mash bananas in a bowl with a fork; add honey or syrup and peanut butter.
- Next, add the dry ingredients–oats, sugar, flour, seeds -and stir to combine. The dough should be thick enough to be able to roll into balls.
- Use your hands to roll the cookies into balls, then use your hand or the back of a spoon to smash them down, forming cookies. Repeat this process until all the dough is formed.
- Store the cookies in the refrigerator and consume within 4 days or preheat oven to 180 degrees and bake for 15min. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.thealmondeater.com