Cost of recipe approx. R10.00
- 2 cups milk
- 1½ teaspoons ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon honey (or ½ teaspoon sugar)
- Combine all the ingredients in a small saucepan over the stove. Warm over a medium heat
- until the milk is warmed through (about 5 minutes). Stir regularly. Let the mixture come to a
- gentle simmer but try not to let it boil.
- If you prefer, strain through a small sieve before you drink it.
- Pour into two mugs and drink while warm. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.thedeepsleepco.com