Cost of Recipe approx. R47.00
- 1 tbsp olive/ canola oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 knuckle of ginger
- 2 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 med butternut, peeled, deseeded and chopped
- 2 cups chicken/ vegetable stock
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, or more to your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper, or more to your taste
- 500 grams broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- Drizzle the oil in a large pot over medium heat. Fry the onion until fragrant (about 2 minutes). Add the ginger and garlic and fry for a further minute.
- Add carrot and butternut
- Pour in the chicken/vegetable stock. Season with salt and pepper. Bring to the boil then reduce heat and allow to simmer for 30 – 45 minutes until butternut and carrot begin to breakdown.
- Mash or blend until smooth.
- Add in the broccoli and gently simmer for another 20 minutes, until broccoli is completely tender. Taste test and add in extra salt and/or pepper, if desired. Enjoy!
- Serve with bread rolls