Cost of recipe approx. R20
- 1 Tbsp olive/canola oil
- 1 can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground smoked paprika
- Simply add salt or a teaspoon of Robertson Chicken Spice.
- Fresh lemon juice (optional)
- In a pan, heat cooking oil over medium high heat. Once oil is hot, add chickpeas to pan and toss or stir well to coat. Continue to cook for about 5 minutes, or until chickpeas begin to turn golden brown, stirring occasionally.
- Spring spices over chickpeas and toss well to coat. Cook for 1 minute more. Season to taste with salt (do not add extra salt if you are using chicken spice). Sprinkle with fresh lemon juice to taste (optional).
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.thedinnershift.com