Cost of recipe approx. R25.00
- 1 grapefruit, peeled and segmented
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced
- Quick pickled onions (slice some onion thinly and put in a little vinegar with a sprinkle of salt for 30 minutes or so)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime/lemon juiced
- 1 1/2 tablespoons honey
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch salt and pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive/canola oil
- The key here is to use the citrus that you love most! No need to follow this recipe exactly.
- Layer the segmented citrus, avocado slices and pickled onions on a plate. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drizzle on the honey lime dressing.
VINAIGRETTE: To make the vinaigrette, whisk together the lime/lemon juice, honey, garlic, salt and pepper. Whisk in the oil until the dressing is emulsified. Drizzle it over the salad and serve, enjoy!
Recipe adapted from www.howsweeteats.com